How to Access HIPAA Training
If HIPAA training has already been assigned to you:
- Sign into ULearn using your U of M Internet ID and password;
- Once at your ULearn homepage, click on the tab “Learning” and under the drop down menu, click on “View Your Transcript;”
- Click on the “Launch” button for course (HIPAA16) HIPAA Training;
- Another window will open up with the training course;
- Proceed through the course by clicking on the "Next" buttons that appear in the bottom right corner of the slides;
- Once the course is finished, you can close training course page.
If you want to register yourself for HIPAA training:
- Sign into ULearn using your U of M Internet ID and password (If you do not have a UMN email account you will need to register before you can log in);
- After you have signed in, your ULearn homepage will appear;
- There will be a search box in the upper right hand corner of your screen. Type “HIPAA Training” in the search box;
- A number of courses will appear on the search results list;
- Click on the course title “(HIPAA16) HIPAA Training” and the page “Training Details” will appear;
- Click on “Launch” to start the training course;
- After the training course is completed, it will appear on your training transcript.
View HIPAA training PowerPower slides:
A link to download the PowerPoint slides without video or narration is located on the right hand side of this page. These slides are intended to be used as reference only, and can not be used as a substitute for completing the training in ULearn. You will not receive credit for completing HIPAA Training unless the course is completed in ULearn.