How to Access HIPAA Training
If HIPAA training has already been assigned to you:
- Sign into Training Hub using your U of M Internet ID and password;
- Once at your Training Hub homepage, click on the tab “My Training” and under the drop down menu, click on “Current Training;”
- Click on the “View Details” button for course (HIP016) HIPAA Training and then click "Launch Course";
- Another window will open up with the training course;
- Proceed through the course by clicking on the "Next" buttons that appear in the bottom right corner of the slides;
- Once the course is finished, you can close training course page.
If you want to register yourself for HIPAA training:
- Sign into Training Hub using your U of M Internet ID and password (If you do not have a UMN email account you will need to register before you can log in);
- After you have signed in, your Training Hub homepage will appear;
- Click "Course Catalog" to search for online courses. Type “HIPAA Training” in the search box;
- A number of courses will appear on the search results list;
- Click on the course title “(HIP016) HIPAA Training” and the page “Training Details” will appear;
- Click on “Launch” to start the training course;
- After the training course is completed, it will appear on your training transcript.
View HIPAA training PowerPoint slides:
A link to download the PowerPoint slides without video or narration is located on the right hand side of this page. These slides are intended to be used as reference only, and can not be used as a substitute for completing the training in Training Hub. You will not receive credit for completing HIPAA Training unless the course is completed in Training Hub.